ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Automatically importing a directory of .jar files.
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:47:41 GMT
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Jon Skeet <jon.skeet@peramon.com> wrote:
>
> > Okay, I've now seen *6* responses suggesting this kind of action,
> > which means I *must* have been missing something when I suggested my
> > extdirs solution.
>
> Not really, I've not gotten any mails from apache.org for hours and I
> guess this is true for all others as well - that's why you see so many
> identical answers.

Sorry - I didn't mean to sound like I was condemning anyone for making
the same reply. I didn't see the reply I originally made until after I'd
seen those six replies, either. It was more a case of, "If I've got one
solution, and six other people including Stefan and Peter are suggesting
a different solution, I need to think very carefully about my
solution..."

:)

> > Is extdirs broken in some way?
>
> No.  When I read your mail, I thought - yes, didn't think of this,
> cool.

Goodo. Glad to see it's not just too early in the morning for me :)

> The other approach (using a fileset) will work for tasks that don't
> support an extdirs attribute as well, though.

True.

> > Or does it not work with JDK1.1?
>
> Ant fakes it for JDK 1.1 as well as for jikes and jvc (by using a
> nested fileset internally 8-).

:) I wish jikes would support extdirs directly... it would be very handy
in non-Ant environments.

Jon