ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: Automatically importing a directory of .jar files.
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:04:40 GMT
> On 24 Jul 2001, <burton@relativity.yi.org> wrote:
>
> > I want to make it easy for my projects to be downloaded and built
> > without any major CLASSPATH hacks.  I am putting all my .jar files
> > into PROJECT/lib but I am hving to manually add EACH .jar into the
> > "classpath" attribute on the javac task.
>
> This should do it (possible since Ant 1.2):
>
> <javac ...>
>   <classpath>
>     <fileset dir="PROJECT/lib">
>       <include name="*.jar" />
>     </fileset>
>   </classpath>
> </javac>

Okay, I've now seen *6* responses suggesting this kind of action, which
means I *must* have been missing something when I suggested my extdirs
solution. Is extdirs broken in some way? Or does it not work with
JDK1.1? Or is everyone worried about the problems involved in having the
extdirs jar files come before the rest of the classpath?

I'm sure I'm missing *something*...

Jon