ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New tasks for 1.4?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:59:03 GMT
> The problem by the bug report can be solved with two property files:
>
> bligga.properties
> =================
> blah=foo
> bleen=foo2
>
> blooga.properties
> =================
> blah=bar
> bleen=bar2

What do you recommend if you only need a "blah" defined, and you need to
define it for bligga, blooga, blinga, blonga, bloopa, blorpa, blooma,
blomba, and blorq? -- an individual file, defining that one property, for
each one?  Wouldn't it be nicer to be able to just have a blah.properties
file, where all the "blah"s are defined?

I guess I'm just still not clear on what the objections are to offering
functionality like this as optional tasks.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)