ant-dev mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject New tasks for 1.4?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:42:30 GMT
A couple of weeks ago, the question of being able to set a property based
on derefencing another property came up again. There's also a bug filed
about it (#1733), and a patch was attached to it that allows for this
functionality. I picked that up and tried it -- see:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=99383728324770&w=2
Think we should make it an optional task?

Also, awhile back someone wanted to be able to require a particular
version of Ant, so I wrote a little <require> task. I don't know how much
use it'd get, but if you think it's worth committing, I can put a doc
together for it and put it through.

And finally -- what should we do about the <foreach> task? Given how many
times over the past couple of months people have been pointed to picking
it up from the archives, should we go ahead and make it an optional task?
(Or would PeterD become apopletic at the very idea? :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)