ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New tasks for 1.4?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2001 07:05:05 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: New tasks for 1.4?

> I'd go with Nico's solution (on the report) or use external property

But that solution will not work with external property-files because you
can't assign an id to properties read from the property-file

> files to solve this (my standard answer, I know 8-) - I still couldn't
> get convinced that we need recursive property resolution.

And http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/ant2/requested-features.html currently
lists this feature under "VI. Things that were submitted late" -
"Rejected" - I read that as "we could implement this for 1.4, but it will
not be in 2.0 anyway" - makes no sense to me...

Nico