The <record> task will record all ant output that you tell it to record.  In other words, you can have ant running at a normal verbosity level (info), but have the recorder recording at a debug level.

You could try to look at the documentation online (I don't know if this is going to work for you):
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/jakarta-ant/docs/manual/CoreTasks/recorder.html?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain

Two caveats that you should know about:
- the record task only starts recording when you tell it to.  Therefore, it doesn't log/record the initialization of ant itself.

- the messageprefix="false" functionality has not been added yet.  It should be added within a week (depending on how quickly I get around to doing the submission).

HTH.

JDG