ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Gunnlaugur Thor Briem" <g...@dimon.is>
Subject RE: FileEditTask for Ant
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 17:16:55 GMT
Hi Tom,

it seems like a large part of this functionality
can already be achieved pretty nicely by applying
filters to the <copy> task ... check out the docs.

Cheers,

	- Gulli

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Jahn [mailto:thejahn@yahoo.com]
Sent: 8. juni 2001 16:53
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: FileEditTask for Ant

Hi all,

Since I just joined this development group list and
only searched for this capability for three hours
stright, I apologize if this class was created by
someone else and you all know about it.

I would like to give back to the community so I would
like to announce a FileEditTask for ant. It allows the
replacing of a string or line of a file, by a
specified string. This becomes useful for editing any
text file (not just property files) and useful for a
build to edit version numbers.

The Source, Class and Help can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/thejahn/projects/ant

Go nuts. Send comments about this class to me, Tom..
thejahn@yahoo.com

Sincerely,
Tom Jahn