ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Property setting Policy.
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2001 09:51:41 GMT
On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:38, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> > Putting it in the engine/container means tasks have no easy way of
> > getting round the policy.
>
> Would that be a bad thing?  If we have a policy, tasks should follow
> it, no?

Depends who you ask ;) It would be good to be able to enforce the policy but
there will always be people who want to do something else. ie I think most
people agree that immutable properties are better but some people have
requested mutability of properties. If were to enforce the immutability in
core they could not get around that when they think we are wrong ;)

Cheers,

Pete