ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Property setting Policy.
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2001 01:10:30 GMT
Hi,

When we eventually decide on a policy to set properties, I was wondering how
we would go about implementing it.

Should the policy be absolute? Ie should the code that determins the policy
be hidden inside the task engine/container (in this case hiddden in
TaskContext implementation)? Or should it be pushed into tasks?

Pushing it into the task means we will probably repeat the same code in
multiple places? (Or worse apply policy inconsistantly). Putting it in the
engine/container means tasks have no easy way of getting round the policy.
Any thoughts on implementation strategies?

Cheers,

Pete