ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with licenses (GPL, LGPL) and task writing
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2001 05:48:56 GMT
On Sat, 16 Jun 2001 00:51, Russell Gold wrote:
> At 04:15 PM 6/15/2001 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > You sure they are not upset with the use of the acronym APL?
> > >
> > > ASL== Apache Software License
>
> Forgive the ignorance, but why is this going to upset people? Are you
> saying that there is no Apache license?

I am not sure if people are upset at acronym ASL. I know there was people
upset at APL (Apache Public License) because no such thing exists and there
was some lawyer speak debtate about it. (I suspect it also upset people
because people saw it in similar light to GPL which not everyone at Apache
likes).