ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Logging
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 12:21:45 GMT

> At 12:36  9/5/01 +0200, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>>    getTaskContext().getLogger().log(this, loglevel, message);
>
> *shudder* - sending "this" through the logger system violates just
> about every design principle ;)

Guess this is why I don't put up a design proposal myself, I just
cannot write decent code, not even when scribbling something. 8-)

> Well if we do have general hierarchial needs then there is no need
> for logkit - however I suspect this will not be the case. Later on I
> will give reasoning why only Context Properties/ExecutionFrames
> should be hierarchial. Anyways I scheduled this for week 3 of ant
> discussion ;)

So you'd better reschedule the discussion about logging for week three
as well.  Let's say I've given LogKit a -1 because I think we'll need
generalized hierarchial aspects ;-).

Stefan