ant-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barc...@digitalfocus.com>
Subject Re: if and unless attributes for all Tasks
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 15:55:10 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> OK, here is my take, using <anton> which doesn't exist right now but
> has been promised for Ant2 (and could very well be there in Ant1 as
> well).

Shouldn't that task be generalized?  We have Apply which executes an
external executable on multiple files.  Proposed AntOn executes Ant
on multiple build files.

Why not generalize this have some feature that executes an arbitrary task
on multiple files?

Then a build file writer would be able to combine iteration with any
action, not just with a few specific actions.

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay
Digital Focus