ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Ant2 Files/FIleSets/Cullers (long)
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 18:00:57 GMT
I missed most of this thread so I am not 100% sure what you are talking about,
but this may be of interest:

http://openide.netbeans.org/fs/

The NetBeans filesystem layer is separable and provides an abstraction over
java.io.File. In this scheme, I guess <fileset> would correspond to
org.openide.filesystems.FileSystem plus a filter, more or less. Existing
implementations of FileSystem include local directory (wrapper for File);
JAR/ZIP; FTP; version-control-enhanced directories; static XML file;
metafilesystem (merges other filesystems).

Licensing: source is under a variant of Mozilla license; binary should be
redistributable without issues.

Cheers,
-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR