ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rogervau...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: if and unless attributes for all Tasks
Date Sat, 19 May 2001 12:49:12 GMT
--- Alan George <alang@hereuare.com> wrote:
> Anybody else agree that ant should solve the problem
> described below with
> obscuring what's it is doing with build file
> generation with XSLT?

Yes, I agree this is something Ant can solve.  What
Alan proposes is a very simple patch.  Every
counter-solution that has been proposed either 1)
increases the number of build files, resulting in
increased maintenance, or 2) defines properties in one
file and uses them in another, which decreases
readability and increases maintenance.  While these
solutions *work*, I hardly consider anything that
increases maintenance effort to be a *better*
solution.

roger