ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [SUBMIT] first pass at a task guidelines/process document.
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2001 00:40:17 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 03:11
Subject: Re: [SUBMIT] first pass at a task guidelines/process document.

> To run the tests, the target is run-tests, not test.  There is a
> run-single-test target which makes running individual tests a lot
> easier than running against an individual build file (which will not
> work anyway IMHO).

oh. I use use test because of
 <target name="test" depends="run-tests"/>

> Getting to your Checklist: Another benefit of testcases is, that they
> make the committers more confident in code contributions. At least I
> feel a lot better if I don't have to rely on my two eyes only when
> reviewing code.
>
> I prefer patches sent as attachments, as some mailers break lines in
> the body of a mail and make the patch unusable (at least without
> manual intervention).
>
> Checklist for new tasks: patch to defaults.properties and either
> coretasklist.html or optionaltasklist.html.

done.

Attached revised version. Added caveat about helper functions being 1.x
only; pulled out the 'recommended parent classes' completely.

While I am at it, I should announce that my final gold release of my lecture
on modern development problems and processes is now up on the web :
http://www.iseran.com/Steve/modern_development_processes.html
Ant is covered as part of the bigger problem of getting stuff out the door
approximately on time.

-steve