ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feature Request: Ant batching support
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 07:35:50 GMT
John D. Casey <John.D.Casey@mail.sprint.com> wrote:

> The idea is to allow a template file equal access as the main build
> file to some environment.xml file that sets up tagdefs, file
> availability, and other properties, etc.

This is what you could do with an include, or am I missing something
(again 8-).

> I don't mean to be confrontational,

No problem - really. You don't get through as confrontational at all.

> I'm just not sure how I can be clearer about what I need...

I know what you mean.

Imagine you could include (forget the ugly entity syntax for a moment)
a fragmentary buildfile which contained property and taskdef tasks as
well as a target for other initial stuff (including some available and
uptodate tasks). Then make your "normal" targets depend on this
included initial target - would this fit your needs?

Stefan