ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] XML issues
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:28:55 GMT
> * a built-in mechanism to include build-file fragments - something
>   that doesn't use SYSTEM entities at all and therefore is XSchema
>   friendly, allows for property expansions ...

+1

> * Let Ant ignore - but warn - if unknown XML elements or attributes
>   occur in a build file.

As an option, maybe.

The request for this came from people who add their own documentation
attributes to tasks or targets - as we seem to agree that Ant2 will be
namespace aware, the same could be achived by using different
namespaces.

> * Allow ant to farm out attributes and elements that are NOT in the
>   ant namespace to other components. ie hand doc: elements to the
>   Documentation component or log: attributes to Log policy component
>   etc

To identify attributes that won't be handled by the task but by
something else? Who would benefit from this distinction? The user?

Stefan