ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:56:17 GMT
Some time back we started to collect feature requests and requirements
for the next major release of Ant - Ant2 - on the ant-dev mailing
list. As a result, a couple of documents ended up in the docs/ant2/
folder in Ant's CVS repository.

While we are determined to keep backwards compatibility in the Ant 1.x
series (going back to be compatible with Ant 1.2), Ant2 is expected to
break backwards compatibility in some areas - so anything could
happen.

To move from a brain-storming stage to a real requirements document,
we start to collect requests now - please tell us what you expect from
Ant2 on the ant-dev mailing list.

Discussions should be held on the development list only - you'll need
to subscribe to send an article there.

All requests received before March 21st 2001 will be recorded in the
document docs/ant2/requested-features.txt.

After that, all requested features will be discussed and voted upon in
a process outlined in
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=98379315617029&w=2>.

Looking forward to some interesting new ideas

Stefan Bodewig