ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] abstract goals and guidelines
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:58:45 GMT
David Rees <d.rees.l@usa.net> wrote:

>>* keep build file syntax as compatible to Ant1 as possible -
>>  i.e. don't break something just because we can.
>>

> against (or should I just put -1 even thought I am not a committer?)
>
> Why? Because I think it should be replaced with an XSLT from Ant1 to
> Ant2.

This is not precluded by the statement above.

All it says (and see the "as possible" in there) is that we should try
to keep as close to the current syntax as possible. I see no need to
rename <target> for example.

The transition from Ant1 to Ant2 should be possible without XSLT (but
manual adjustments) for simple cases IMHO.

Stefan