ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISC] core extensions
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:47:52 GMT
Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> * Allow named tasks to be defined by <script> elements.

+/-0 as well as for composite tasks. I.e. I have to think about it a
little longer.

> * specify an onfail task or target that runs in case of a build
>   failure.

And what if that one fails? -1

> * allow sequence to be specified in depends attribute

is the same as

> * provide a way to define the order in which targets a given target
>   depends upon get executed.

isn't it? -0

>   or enhance antcall to work with current list of executed targets

This is to avoid running targets twice, right? I've no good idea how
to solve this ATM.

> * Support nesting tasks into other elements - not just as children
>   of target

+1

> * Make if/unless attributes to check for the value of a property,
>   not only its existance.

could be part of a separate task that sets properties based on the
value of other properties, <condition>, see below

> * check for more than one condition in if/unless attributes.

I'd prefer

<condition name="everything.where.it.should.be">
  <and>
    <available class="...javamail...">
    <available class="...java activation framework...">
  </and>
</condition>

and then check for everything.where.it.should.be.

Provide boolean logic inside <condition> - i.e. in a task, not in the
core.

> * define task contexts that define various common aspects (logging,
>   failure handling ...) and assign them to tasks.

Need more input - on the "and assign" part.

Stefan