ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory image task
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2001 09:49:03 GMT
Nico Seessle <nico@apache.org> wrote:

>     <apply executable="rm" dest="D:\temp\d1" parallel="false">
                         ^^

cross plattform? 8-)

>       <targetfile/>

        <srcfile />

isn't it? You want to remove those files from d2, don't you?

> Problem is that the name of the sourcefile is automatically appended
> and you will get get error-messages from the operating system since
> they don't exist :-)

The source file exists, the target doesn't.

> Another problem might be that it can't execute shell-commands on
> Windows (and Unix??) since something like "cmd /c del" as an
> executable is changed to "cmd \c del" on execution.

Hmm, Unix is no problem as the switch is -c (doesn't cmd support "-"
as well? I vaguely remeber OS/2's CMD.EXE does). And rm is an
executable, of course.

Stefan