ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Rees <d.ree...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] abstract goals and guidelines
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:28:19 GMT
On 21 Mar 2001 17:27:30 +0100, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>* keep build file syntax as compatible to Ant1 as possible -
>  i.e. don't break something just because we can.

against (or should I just put -1 even thought I am not a committer?)

Why? Because I think it should be replaced with an XSLT from Ant1 to
Ant2.

There are some serious core changes that we are discussing and from
what I can see we will be "breaking" an Ant1 file anyway. Only
changing "some" still forces manual updates which are error prone and
will result in lots of bug traffic. An XSLT it automated so if
something is missed it can easily be fixed for all. Also, we can break
it down my task for easy division of labor.