ant-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <f...@interdimensions.com>
Subject RE: Directory image task
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 19:51:45 GMT

rsync's remote capabilities was not what I was talking about... just it's
behavior.. but I haven't heard of an lsync... ;)

but really, delete directory, copy directory is the best compromise.  Not
optimized as rsync, but gets the job done.

Am I understanding this correctly.  delete directory, copy directory is
right?  Or do you want something that will feed back, like a merge...? can
rsync even do that?  That's starting to get really complex you know...
there is no way a simple program can guess what you mean to do, whether to
merge files or prune files arbitrarily....

fern