ant-dev mailing list archives

From John.D.Ca...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: Feature Request: Ant batching support
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 18:48:12 GMT
I haven't actually written them yet. I have already modified the Ant
and Project objects, tho, so I think I can get by until something else
comes out...

The idea is to allow a template file equal access as the main build
file to some environment.xml file that sets up tagdefs, file
availability, and other properties, etc. Then, any of these files may
be run in order to compile/run/junit test/etc. any specific package.
The only alternative I've come up with is to make a shell script that
sets a -D property and a target within the main build.xml file to
direct the appropriate file to be executed...however, this means I now
have a set of shell scripts that I have to port between Unix and
Windows...

So far, I haven't heard any way to fully initialize an Ant session via
some external (and equally accessible) source.  This is simply an
object-oriented approach to the use of Ant, and I see this as
imperative to maintaining this project's build structure in the future.
 If there is another way to read an external source (or equivalent),
and set tagdefs, available's, uptodate's, and properties, then please
let me know.  If not, please consider enabling this approach...

I don't mean to be confrontational, I'm just not sure how I can be
clearer about what I need...

Thanks for the help,
John Casey