ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: [DISC] documentation system
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:33:45 GMT
on 3/26/01 4:38 AM, "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:

> Should we have a generic DTD or something specific to Ant for the
to the
> documentation experts (Glenn, Chris, Diane, et al)

With Anakia, you can define whatever DTD you want (by creating your own
site.vsl file) or you can use the DTD (and site.vsl) that the Jakarta-Site2
model uses and gain the benefits of instantly having the same look and feel
as the rest of the Jakarta Project.

I personally would prefer that you use Anakia and Jakarta-Site2 simply
because:

    #1. It works.
    #2. It is fast.
    #3. It is reliable.
    #4. It is tested.
    #5. It is used by lots of other projects.
    #6. It does the job.
    #7. It has a junit test case for regression testing.
    #8. It is easy to learn.
    #9. It is easy to use.
    #10. It is easy to configure.
    #11. It is easy to support.
    #12. It can output Ceki's name correctly.
    #13. It is our own dog food.
    #14. It is actively maintained and updated.
    #15. It is well documented.
    #16. It is an Ant Task.

If you choose something else, I sure hope it satisfies *all* those
conditions as well as Anakia does.

:-)

thanks,

-jon