ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Collecting requirements for Ant2
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 18:40:49 GMT

[...]
> And I think for this to be practical, Ant needs to get away from
> "default.properties" that tells what the optional tasks are.
> Ant should look in ANT_HOME/lib, and pick up every task there.
> So, Ant could go out with "ant.jar" and "optional.jar" containing
> the most 'popular' or 'useful' optional tasks in one jar.
> Then, any one who has more optional tasks can just drop the
> jar(s) into ANT_HOME/lib, and everything works. Doesn't
> matter if the task is home grown or obtained from a repository,
> it all just works together. I believe some form of 'plugin' capability
> has been raised in the past, but never hurts to bring this up again.

What about simply using the manifest as the task properties ?

ant.jar
ant-task: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Property
ant-task: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Move

optional.jar
ant-task: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.javacc.JavaCC
ant-task: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.javacc.JJTree

mytasks.jar:
ant-task: com.mycompany.mytools.ant.mytasks.mytask

 St├ęphane Bailliez
 Software Engineer, Paris - France
 iMediation - http://www.imediation.com
company.