ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Martin <dave.mar...@wilytech.com>
Subject Regexp version of Replace task (REReplace)
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 23:11:50 GMT

I rolled my own version of Replace, using the
Jakarta-ORO package.  It is functionally exactly
the same, except that you hand it a perl 5
pattern for tokens and a perl 5 substitution for
values.

To implement this, all I did was re-implement the
stringReplace function of the Replace task.
If this is a desired task to have in the package,
someone should probably make the stringReplace
method protected and have this guy extending
the Replace task.

I am happy to do whatever footwork is necessary
to get this into the built-in tasks.  I am not on the
dev mailing list, so please mail me directly.

 <<REReplace.java>>