ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: odd code in Get.java
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:22:44 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 22:27
Subject: Re: odd code in Get.java

> Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
>
> > We clearly need to include a http1.1 server in the test matrix.
>
> So you probably can't make a better choice than *.apache.org 8-)

I know -its a server guaranteed to be available from anywhere
, I just dont have the access to create
 -a file with nothing but 01234..9 in it
 -a file protected by basic auth
 -a file protected by digest auth
 -a file we know is never going to be there (i.e. guaranteed 404 result)
I also have about 5 lines of perl to take the argument/form parameters h1
and h2 and return their values, this needs to be placed in cgi-bin land.

Once the digest auth is written I was planning on having a look at the unit
test code again to see how badly it fails when the test system is off-line,
and try and rework it to skip the tests when apache.org isnt reachable,
using the head test to probe the net first. That should let people run the
rest of the unit tests properly when the network isnt there.

-steve