ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Ant Article
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 01:11:11 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Stevens" <jon@latchkey.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 16:06
Subject: Re: Ant Article

> on 3/6/01 3:30 PM, "Conor MacNeill" <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a friend who is into Software Config Management (SCM). He has
written
> > a short article about Ant here
> > http://www.UCMCentral.Com/scm_grind_ant.htm
> >
> > It is part of an SCM-oriented website which he has started and which is
> > still in its early stages. The site has not been "launched" at this
time. He
> > would appreciate constructive feedback on this article from ant users.
> > Please don't flame him.
> >
> > Conor
>
> Not a flame, but it is feedback:
>
> I wouldn't call it an "article", I would call it a "weird rant" that isn't
> very well written (or even spell checked: summarize [sic]).

Jon, it meets my *internationalised* spelling vocabulary just fine. with an
australian origin it would pass the local spell checker too. It should be
proofread a couple of times more though.

As to the comments, well, they opinions and it is hard to call them invalid.
But I do use it for C# dev and perl/web site deployment, so the claim of
being 'java only' isnt true. Its only extensible in Java, but deployment
problems are deployment problems, regardless of language.

I'd object more to the sites implicit evangelisation of clearcase. If
clearcase is so good, why can't it deal with notebooks which change IP
addresses?

-Steve

CM Level 0 and enjoying it. (level 0 = level 1 without the heroic efforts)