ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject RE: Quick question about creating nested elements
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 07:28:28 GMT
> However, the
> likelihood of it being accepted is probably somewhat low, as
> there is an
> aversion to introducing this sort of thing into "standard"
> Ant.

I expect that is probably going to be the case.
However, the functionality is not much different to "available" (heck, I copied 90% of the
code from it).

For my purposes, I have a generic build script that various projects configure via a properties
file.
For options where there a small set of possible choices (eg "dev" , "tst" , "prod"), I need
to have
 something like:

## Set ONE of the following to be true.
deployment.dev=true
# deployment.tst=true
# deployment.prod=true

It would be nicer to have

## Set this to one of dev/tst/prod
deployment=dev

Not a big deal really, but nicer, and not as "anti-ant" as a "foreach" task.