ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/index.html
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 21:28:54 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Stevens" <jon@latchkey.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 8:48 PM
Subject: Re: http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/index.html

> on 2/5/01 11:02 AM, "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Seessle@epost.de> wrote:
>
> > 1. I can't run ant in webpages (I have copied velocity.jar, jdom.jar and
> > xerces.jar into ant's lib-dir and get a NullPointerException). Can you
> > explain what is needed to generate the index.html?
>
> That isn't the right way to use it. You should follow the example of a
> number of other projects that are using Anakia (including Log4J, Turbine,
> Velocity, Regexp, etc...).

OK, looked at it again, and got it working if I apply the enclosed patch to
the build.xml in website.(Using the jar-files from jakarta-site2 - but I
think dropping the jar-files in ant/lib should give the same results :-) )

I still get wrong links for the subprojects (I think) - the generated file
looks like this: .

           <strong>Get Involved</strong>
        <ul>
                    <li>    <a
href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html">Overview</a></li>
                    <li>    <a
href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html">CVS
Repositories</a></li>
                    <li>    <a
href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html">Mailing Lists</a></li>
                    <li>    <a
href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/library.html">Reference
Library</a></li>
                    <li>    <a
href="http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html">Bug Database</a></li>
                </ul>
            <strong>SubProjects</strong>
        <ul>

The "Get Involved"-Links are correct, but the "SubProjects"-Links look
wrong.

Nico