ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: ant versioning tasks?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 19:07:01 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Nese Myles" <nmyles@kapoof.com>
To: "ant-dev@Jakarta. Apache. Org (E-mail)" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 7:20 PM
Subject: ant versioning tasks?

> When I build my components, it would be nice to set something up with ant
> invoke versions on builds. Is it possible that you can invoke a versioning
> task with ant?  Can I create something like that? Does anyone already do
> this? Is this works as well?

Can you explain to us (or is it only me?) what do you mean if you say
"invoke versions on builds"?

1. With some VCSs you can Label the sources used for the build (VSS and
Perforce I think)
2. You can replace variables in your sources with properties (their
contents)
3. You can use the script-task to do nearly everything we forgot to
implement :-)

Does this help you? If not, please explain what are you planning to do...

Nico