ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <Nico.Sees...@epost.de>
Subject Re: http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/index.html
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 22:22:32 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Stevens" <jon@latchkey.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 10:46 PM
Subject: Re: http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/index.html

> Hard coding the .jar files with version numbers is a bad idea. Is it
> possible to use a wildcard match in <pathelement>?

Yes, you are right - that was just a quick hack to get it working at all.

> You should think of the jakarta-site CVS module as a *dependency* and make
> relative paths to its .jar files. That is why I spend so much time at the
> top of the file trying to give you an idea of what the directory structure
> should look like.
[...]
> Correct. In that case, what you should do is simply define the paths to
the
> projects in Ant's own project.xml file to be "/ant/index.html" or simply
> remove the links all together as you don't need to have links to the other
> projects within Ant.

OK, now I understand this.

You should maybe clarify this in the example located in
"jakarta-site2/examples/jakarta-myproject/xdocs/stylesheets". Ant just uses
a plain copy of this and I would have done so also if I had followed the
documentation: "Copy the project.xml file from the
jakarta-site2/xdocs/stylesheets/ directory into your
jakarta-myproject/xdocs/stylesheets/ directory" :-)

Nico