ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: problems building antidote
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:44:51 GMT
Simeon Fitch <metasim@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Simeon Fitch <metasim@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I just tried it out under Java 1.3 instead of Java
>> > 1.2, and I'm getting an IllegalAccessException
>> when
>>

>> The root of the problem (if you can call it that) is
>> that Java 1.3 does much more rigorous, or at least
>> different, checking of access permissions.
>>

> I was partially wrong about this one. It works fine
> under Sun's Java 1.3 for NT, but not Blackdown's Java
> 1.3 RC1 for RH6.2. I'll have to check to see if
> Blackdown has an update available. I'm starting to
> think it's a JVM bug related to access permission
> checking.

What you describe is exactly what I've seen yesterday when I reported
Exceptions I'd need to look into.

My environment is IBM's JDK 1.3 on Linux and I see the
problems. Unfortunately I'm really deep into a project and don't have
the time to track this down any further, I wanted to make sure I had
compiled Antidote with JDK 1.3 and not 1.1 in the first place (Ant
compiled with 1.1 won't run on JDK 1.3 either).

Stefan