ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Javah Task
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:11:19 GMT
Thanks for your contribution Richard, it usually takes a little time
until one of us committers finds time to review a task, comment on it
and finally maybe incorporate it into Ant.

Richard Beton <richard.beton@roke.co.uk> wrote:

> Also, note that unlike the javac task, javah does not use reflection
> to call the com.tools constructor, but simply uses the 'new'
> operator.

If we'd want to leave it that way, it would become an optional task
that requires JDK 1.2+, which might be perfectly OK as it doesn't
support JDK 1.1 style JNI. At least this is how I understand your
description.

> Therefore, when the verbose flag is passed to javah, text output
> goes to standard output rather than via the ant logging stream.

Which means it needs to be redirected, see the handling of
System.out/.err in <java> or <javac> when using the modern compiler.

Stefan