ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] jar distribution system (was: Re: Jars in CVS ??)
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:21:48 GMT
Jon Stevens wrote:

> <product name="Ant">
>   <depends product="Xerces"/>
>  </product>

(1) I don't believe that Ant should depend on Xerces.  I believe Ant should
depend on a JAXP compliant parser.  I have no problem with Ant suggesting
one or more JAXP compliant parsers to choose from (and even having a
default).

(2) When the dependent projects happens to not only be open source, but
also buildable by Ant, one should be able to express the cvs repository and
optional tag used to extract the source, and the build.xml file, and target
to be built.

James Duncan Davidson indicated that he was going to work on an AntEater
architecture document, and I suggested that he factor these requirements in
(I called the topmost tag "system", but I'm not hung up on names).

- Sam Ruby