ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 02:01:28 GMT
Duncan,

Whilst I am happy to have an ant revolution, I wonder whether we need it. If
we all agree on a direction with regard to ant 2.0's objectives, we can move
forward without a revolution. I'm not saying that we wouldn't want some
revolutionary code and architecture changes and perhaps some unusual
instability in ant.

If I look at the revolution in Tomcat, I can see that it is still a source
of much tension in the tomcat-dev list. A revolution provides an opportunity
to split the community. We should only have that if it is really necessary.
If we have a revolution and everyone moves over to work on it, then why have
a revolution :-) ? If we have disagreement then yes, a revolution may be
required.  Perhaps we should wait to see whether these is such disagreement.