ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:33:59 GMT
On 11/13/00 6:03 PM, "Jose  Alberto Fernandez" <JFernandez@viquity.com>
wrote:

> but I degress... The point is to give <taskdef> and <datadef> enough
> expresive power such that there is no magic required for anything else.

Good points -- I'm not sure that it makes since *not* to have automatically
defined tasks in the system (javac, jar, copy, etc) at runtime. I don't
think that making everybody call out the definition for the javac task in a
taskdef is good -- but the mechanism for those tasks should be the same as
for any other task. IE, the only thing that differentiates a "built-in" task
from a "external" task is it's location in the task lookup hierarchy (in a
place that gets setup when Ant is run) and that the built in ones ship with
the distribution. The mechanics should all be the same.

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com
                                                                  !try; do()