ant-dev mailing list archives

From "James Duncan Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:35:06 GMT
On 11/13/00 6:22 PM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> Essentially there is a number of needs. The main one people have requested
> is runtime interpretation. So
>
> <blah attr="${var1}/blee" />
>
> has to be interpreted differently depending on value of ${var} when it is
> executed.

Yep -- that was something that was talked about a long time ago and much
talk was around it. And I agree on this --- the attributes should be
reflected at task execution time -- and any variables *have* to be resolved
against the properties in place at that time and not their values at
startup.

.duncan

--
James Duncan Davidson                                        duncan@x180.com