ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Martin <jeff.mar...@synamic.co.uk>
Subject RE: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 11:50:30 GMT
If people are interested I have a Lock task which I have written for the
Alexandria project which stops a ant from building a project whilst another
build of the project is underway. This then allows you to use the loginfo
file within cvs (or similar mechanism) to start builds when code is changed
but with out lauching multiple builds at the same time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@bost.de]
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 9:17 AM
To: ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)

<snip/>

Other options like incremental mode or the continuous integration as
described in
<http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/continuousIntegration.html>
where a change in the repository triggers a rebuild/-test process
spring to mind.

Now I'm going back to my evolutionary mode and wait until I can get a
clear picture of *how* you want to do things (the *what* seems to be
more or less agreed upon anyway).

Stefan