ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: Why does the echo task output to System.out? (Was: RE: [submi t] I ntegration of Ant into Visual Age for Java)
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:21:38 GMT
> From: glennm@ca.ibm.com [mailto:glennm@ca.ibm.com]
>

> I have to agree with Wolf's analysis of the situation with <echo>.  In
> fact, I agree so much I've made the changes he's suggested
> and commited
> them. :-)

-1, I would have prefered to keep the logging capabilities for a different
task.
A subclass of <echo> perhaps.

<echo> can be used to write to files and such, and definetly loglevels do
not
make much sense in that context.

On the other hand "append='false'" makes no sense when writing to a log
listener.

Jose Alberto