ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: References do not work for me.
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:04:31 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>

> Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernandez@viquity.com> wrote:
>
> > To achieve what you want you need to define your <path> inside a
> > target that will execute after the <property> task gets executed.
>
> Unfortunately you can't define a path anywhere else but at the project
> level - at least not as a stand alone element. You will need a task
> that holds a path to define one inside a target.
>
> I think we should allow for datatypes inside targets, others?

+1, either that or allow properties to get their value from a datatype:

<property name="myPath">
  <path > <!-- no ID needed since I provided a name -->
   <pathelement .../>
  </path>
</property>

The only advantage here, is that we get a more consistent look to the
whole thing. As far as I remember IDs and property names lived in the
same name space. Is that still the case?

Jose Alberto