ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Alberto Fernandez <JFernan...@viquity.com>
Subject RE: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:15:00 GMT
> From: James Duncan Davidson [mailto:duncan@x180.com]
>
> On 11/13/00 6:22 PM, "Peter Donald" <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Essentially there is a number of needs. The main one people
> have requested
> > is runtime interpretation. So
> >
> > <blah attr="${var1}/blee" />
> >
> > has to be interpreted differently depending on value of
> ${var} when it is
> > executed.
>
> Yep -- that was something that was talked about a long time
> ago and much
> talk was around it. And I agree on this --- the attributes should be
> reflected at task execution time -- and any variables *have*
> to be resolved
> against the properties in place at that time and not their values at
> startup.

I think people have not taken a look at ANTs current code line in some time.
This behavior requested above is the current behavior.
The static resolution of properties was removed in ANT 1.2 more than two
month
ago.
Tasks do not get their parameters until after just before they are to be
executed.

This has nothing to do with GUI issues presented here.

Jose Alberto