ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant .cvsignore
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2000 05:01:01 GMT
At 07:32  24/11/00 -0800, you wrote:

>--- donaldp@locus.apache.org wrote:
>> donaldp     00/11/24 17:54:33
>>
>>   Modified:    .        .cvsignore
>>   Log:
>>   Added extra exclusion for pif file that is needed on some stupid win32
>> platforms
>
>But, but, but...
>
>But what if I want you to share the .pif file with me?? :-)
>
>Seriously, does your .pif file have anthing in it that would help us with
>testing Ant under win32? I feel like everytime I do it I have to futz with
>environment variables, etc. I must admit that I'm totally clueless when it
>comes to the '.bat' syntax and environment symantics..

I don't know if it is useful (or portable). Some win32 platforms (ie Win98)
seem to start out with really small environment space and thus the bat
files will fail when trying to assign variables via SET. The pif just upped
the default to some humongous number ;) I don't know anything about .bat
files thou so this may not be the "right" way to do it ;)

To anyone whos anything about bat files is there a way to make the ant.bat
behave the same as ant shell script under *nix. Specifically I want to
auto-detect ANT_HOME from location of script. So if the script is at
E:/blah/blee/ant/bin/ant.bat I want to automagically set ANT_HOME to
E:/blah/blee/ant. If we could do that then I know of quite a few projects
that could dump the need for a seperate build.[sh|bat]

Cheers,

Pete