ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant .cvsignore
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2000 14:56:53 GMT

--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:

> To anyone whos anything about bat files is there a way to make the
> ant.bat
> behave the same as ant shell script under *nix. Specifically I want to
> auto-detect ANT_HOME from location of script. So if the script is at
> E:/blah/blee/ant/bin/ant.bat I want to automagically set ANT_HOME to
> E:/blah/blee/ant. If we could do that then I know of quite a few projects
> that could dump the need for a seperate build.[sh|bat]

Along those lines (and I can't believe I'm asking this) but does anyone out
there know where there is an online reference for the .bat file syntax? I
tried "command.com --help" and "info .bat" and they just didn't get me
anywhere :-]

Better yet, has anyone seen a more portable way of launching java programs
on all platforms? Clould we tweak the Ant ClassLoader to do the .jar file
searching after startup, so that "java -jar ant.jar" really does work? What
do the MacOS people out there do?

There's got to be a better way! :-)

sim