ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Stronger JLS Adherence
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:29:07 GMT

--- Peter Donald <donaldp@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible for me to update Ant source to be more compliant
> with
> JLS. Essentially this involves removing public/static/final modifiers
> from
> methods/variables defined in interfaces.
>
> Example error is ...
>
>     [javac]

C:/donaldp/jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/tar/TarConstants.java:74:5:
> 74:5: Warning: The use of the "public" modifier in this context is
> redundant and strongly discouraged as a matter of style.

Isn't jikes amazing???

+1, although I'm guilty of declaring interface methods as public out of
pure habit... I'll have to fix that (thanks for the .ant.properties hint).

I thought any variables declared in interfaces *had* to be declared "static
final"?

sim

=====
Mustard Seed Software