ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tabs
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:23:52 GMT

> > I have a request. Can we make it policy to strip tabs from source files
> > before adding them to CVS and replace them with spaces (probably
> > 4) ? A few
> > editors don't deal with tabs gracefully but more importantly many mail
> > readers don't deal with it well (which is important for
> > monitoring commits).
>
> +1

+1

FYI for Emacs users: If you haven't figured this one out already, add:
   (setq default-tab-width 4)
   (setq indent-tabs-mode nil)
to your .emacs to make emacs automatically insert spaces instead of tabs.
To convert an existing file so that the tabs are spaces, select the file
contents a do a 'M-x untabify'.

sim

=====
Mustard Seed Software