ant-dev mailing list archives

From Simeon Fitch <meta...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Proposed Revolution: AntEater (a proposal for Ant Core 2.0)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 02:55:34 GMT

--- Conor MacNeill <conor@ebinteractive.com.au> wrote:
> Duncan,
>
> Whilst I am happy to have an ant revolution, I
> wonder whether we need it. If
> we all agree on a direction with regard to ant 2.0's
> objectives, we can move
> forward without a revolution.

I really agree with Conor here. It would divide the
community, or leave a fork of Ant stranded in limbo.
If everyone is for a redesign/refactoring, or just
trying out new approaches, then let's baseline a
stable version for the users, and then go for it. I
can see a good argument for doing it in a different
directory structure so we start off fresh, but then
they could be swapped out once there is an alpha
version available.

sim