ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: [SUBMIT] Antidote install for windows
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2000 00:01:06 GMT
Erik,

ant.install is set in the build.[sh|bat] files. There are occasionally
problems trying to install ant with ant since you are overwriting the
jar file you are using. If a class is needed after the jar file has been
overwritten, it cannot be read from the new jar.

The build script will set ANT_HOME to the build area and run ant from
the files in the build area allowing it to safely write into the real
ANT_HOME area.

Conor