ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>
Subject RE: GUI for Ant
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2000 23:37:14 GMT
Paul,

IANAL but the GPL and APL impose different conditions.

Have a look here
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html

where it states that the APL and the GPL are not compatible. There are
differences in the distribution of modified versions. If I understand it
properly, the GPL requires these modified versions to be free, the APL does
not.

There are arguments for and against but I do not want to get into those. In
the end, ant is APL and it cannot be linked to code which is GPL.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill
conor@cortexebusiness.com.au